1.11.10

Tip for 'Sinterklaas'

On one hand I very agree with Petra. But at the same time I love to be an active mother when it comes to preparing for Sinterklaas. I early collect all kinds of presents and start from now on to make some of them myself.
For those other early ones like me I have a tip. Here you see our productive 4-years-old last sunday morning, sitting on my pillow. I don't know if you all know a knitting fork. L loves to make meters of cord with it. It is more easy than 'punnikken' (who knows the word in English?). If you think it's a great Sinterklaas present you can order it here. Together with some thicker yarn than L is using, it makes your child can start right away.

11 comments:

vervlogen dagen said...

Je hebt ook gelijk hoor! Ik neem me zelf ieder jaar weer voor om er eerder aan te beginnen, maar heb de stress kennelijk nodig om tot daden over te gaan. By the way: spool knitting is geloof ik het Engelse woord voor punniken.

Herkennen jouw kinderen je 'handschrift'ook in de zelfgemaakte cadeaus? (Oh mama, Piet maakt net zulke mooie tekeningen als jij...)

vlijtig said...

Wat is Lot veranderd! Ik zou haar bijna niet herkennen. Het wordt toch echt tijd om weer eens te af te spreken...

lightbluegrey said...

@ vlijtig: we hebben vandaag haar haar laten knippen... zo'n spijt, want het ziet er nu zo netjes uit...

Unknown said...

oh I did not know that a 4 year old can do this already :)
where did you buy the knitting thingy?
xxx

Helmi said...

Hier ga ik mee naar de scholen, leerlingen van groep 5 vinden dit soms nog erg moeilijk. Staat ook op mijn blog.
grt, Helmi

Veterinaire Agenda - Hiskia said...

makkelijker dan punniken? denk je echt? ze is 4 jaar?? leuk!!de sint heeft interesse :D

rahel said...

This looks nice and I am sure that my daugter would love this. I don't really get, how this fork is working though...

lightbluegrey said...

@ Paul & Paula: see the link in the text.

@ Shilgia: when I bought it, it came with a manuel...

Stephanie said...

I've never seen anyone else do that! In english it is called a lucet, and it is very easy to use, makes a nice I-cord. I learned as a kid and still have mine somewhere...
Here's a link for a quick how to
http://www.woodedhamlet.com/howto_advice/lucet_instruc.htm

liset said...

Ohh geweldig! Zou je eens op mijn blog willen kijken (28 okt)? (voel je niet verplicht) Ik zoek dit soort geweldige foto! En deze is zoooo mooi..

MondaysMilk said...

O wat een leuk kadootje, ik ga het meteen voor mijn zoon van 4 bestellen! Dank voor de tip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...