12.10.10

Hard to stop

I stopped doing it for too many years. It's so relaxing, lining up all stitches. I'm talking about knitting: I started again and just like former times can hardly stop again.
Last week I shortly searched the internet for sheep wool and coincidentally the same day I passed by Wernerkinck in Delft, selling beautiful woolen yarns. I prefer natural materials and colors and looking around in this shop, which actually looks like an old loft, is a feast to the eye. Sadly I can't link you to the shop because they have no site, but here you can find online the yarn I used. I even like the ball of wool as an object.
I feel like exercising for grandmotherhood, because they are going to be blankets for the sleeping dolls of my daughters. I decided the blankets should be as simple and pure as possible and off course finished before wintertime!

6 comments:

vervlogen dagen said...

Ik zag net op de site van Eloleo een youtube-filmpje over de gevaren van breien... The last knit, kijken! En weet je dat je op Bloesemkids staat? Dat is leuk!

monique said...

Your blog is absolutely beautiful! It was a wonderful highlight to my day. I look forward to future posts.

Hanneke said...

Hi Hetty,

You've really got a beautiful blog and have made some truly beautiful items for the children (and your home by the looks). How come your English is so faultless, did you live abroad? I'm Dutch also, but have lived abroad so long now, I'm more comfortable writing in English. Have 2 children myself and also enjoy knitting. Just need to practice lots more, before ever even contemplating putting a picture of yet another unfinished project online. Keep up the great designs and keep the posts and pictures coming!

lightbluegrey said...

@ monique: thanks for your sweet words!

@ Hanneke: thank you so much for your sweet compliment about my English. I tell you I'm a bit uncertain about my skills of writing in English and by writing this blog actually try to improve them... Hope to meet again on my blog!

Christine said...

Ik was helemaal verrast toen ik de link volgde via Bloesemkids en zag dat je pas in september jl gestart bent met je blog? Helemaal teleurgesteld dat ik niet verder terug kon lezen :) - Prachtige eigen stijl en een toevoeging in Blogland. Succes, Christine

Unknown said...

Perfect little dolly blankets.

I'm glad I've just found your blog!

x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...