15.11.10

Precious

One of the first well-beloved items I made for baby M was a mobile, which is nowadays still hanging in her room. It is made by wrapping handspun wool around a wire. I added some green felt leaves and made some spirals of green wire. The little wooden gnomes are simply dressed in felt. A cristal is hanging in the middle, like a treasure of the gnomes, that is breaking daylight and can make beautiful light projections on the wall.
By the way, these lovely chubby little arms are belonging to baby L.

Dear Molly of Remedial Eating, I hope you enjoy this post :).

8 comments:

The Little List said...

This is so darling. I love all of the textures.

irene said...

hello, i'm Irene, from mamanotieneblog.blogspot.com today i saw your blog for the first time and I think is really really nice. congratulations, i'll follow you.

molly said...

Hetty! I not only enjoyed it, I ogled it all the day long! You are too, too kind.

I've an order in with my mom for some lovely, thick German felt. When it arrives, I plan to make a wee tribe of gnomes, for my own littles. Your pictures will be priceless (as are those little fingers, oh my!)

Many thanks, and cheers,
Molly

vervlogen dagen said...

Wat een goed idee om wol om ijzerdraad (?) te wikkelen! Mooie grillige takken zijn niet altijd voorhanden tenslotte! Wij hadden ook zoiets met engeltjes van zijde...

Marit said...

I just found your Blog randomly and already love it. so many Things to try and do. You got a new Reader! I Love Dutch Design and the wonderful dutch Home like vt Wonen (because of binnenkieken) so your Blog is a wonderful opportunity to do so!
Greetings from Germany
Marit

Heidi said...

I love love love love love your blog!


XO Heidi

Kristi said...

i heart this set of photos.

paranoid annadroid said...

I have a little baby in my life who has a very particular mother. Her mom doesn't want a surplus of unnecessary gifts. I KNOW a mobile like this would be received with open arms. I can't wait to make one. Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...