6.2.13

More wip


Last weekend we have been very busy for next Friday's carnival! We had fun making this typical hair. First we wrapped the yarn around the back of a chair. Then the yarn was taped together and cut. In total we had three bundles. Funny to sew taped yarn (just along the tape), it's something else than a dress! After removing the tape we were ready to make the haircut on M's head! I tried to cut it as straight as possible. The golden ribbon was finally sewn across the fringe and is used to keep the hair stay in place. Piece of cake!
She's already so happy: she comes home from school and gets dressed immediately, until falling asleep. And this morning even at breakfast. And sure, Friday she will Walk like an Egyptian.

3 comments:

Marieke said...

Very nice :) we're busy making carnaval outfits too!

Polly (nice kind of blue) said...

I spotted this earlier but can't comment from my phone, I had to come back for another look! What a great job you've done - I want to make one too. I can hear the song in my head - walk like an egyptian!

rahel said...

Looks great! Too bad I don't hav that much yarn on hand. I should start with the costumes too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...