3.9.13

Homemade souvenir

M loved to buy souvenirs in the shops down the Sacre Coeur. But none of all possible 'I love Paris' t-shirts she liked. Some later we bumped into a great fabric shop where a friendly woman sold us quite some silk fabrics. This one was combined with a sample of a red transparent curtain. The skirt layers were wrinkled and attached to a shorter, silk waistband.

I'm glad how the length turned out.





As I don't have an overlock machine, the skirt was finished in a different way: I first rolled the silk edge through my fingers and finished it with a fine zigzag stitch. The red underskirt was already finished.
Tadaa! My first Paris buy result, today on M's hips to school.

7 comments:

vervlogen dagen said...

Paris pour toujours!

Karin - The F Girl said...

Love it. And that red underskirt, such a whimsical touch. Nice!

Piepow said...

A perfect skirt!!

Pascale said...

Buitengewoon mooi!
Ik vermoed dat je de stofjes op de Marché Saint-Pierre vond. Weet je nog in welke winkel precies? Ik moet er morgen heen...

lightbluegrey said...

@ Pascale: the silk fabric with the Eiffel towers is from Tissus Reine, but I bought a lot of cheap plain silk fabrics in Au bonheur des dames, 1/3 R Livingstone, opposite of Dreyfus (which I didn't like), on the backside of Hall St Pierre.

vlijtig said...

Mooi rokje voor een mooi meisje!

erika said...

Oh wat mooi!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...