27.9.14

Heart's desire

This one is an oldy. I mean, I made it already in January of this year. Meant for L's birthday, but only finished recently! F fixed the frame with wheels and (very important!) pull out handle. Sometimes it just takes long...
For years already L was begging for it: a roller case. I don't know where her desire comes from, as we don't have one and simply love our backpacks. I refused to buy one for her before because none of us likes the available ones with awful pictures of Walt Disney, Pokemon or what so ever. A solution that came up: make one myself.

You'll recognize parts here (thanks Debora!) and here, but after this post my hands were really itching (thanks Riet, for the inspiration!). The significant parts, wheels and handle, come from a cheap Marktplaats (Dutch eBay) buy. I just replaced the ugly case. 'Just' turned to be quite a job. I think this thing was the hardest ever. It just didn't come out of my hands like that and I had to redo about every part of it. I declared myself for crazy several times, but at the same time I very much enjoyed making it. I even laughed when I discovered late at night that I made the whole thing upside down (so zippered pocket and text were wrong). The embroidered words (like done here long time ago) are going to be typical I believe...

Denim was choosen for the outside, a sweet Petit Pan fabric for the inside. The color of the piping I so love! It's super bright as I noticed before; I can't even catch it by camera. Both inner and outer fabrics were stiffened with the most stiff fusible woven layer that I could find. But in the end the case still wasn't hard enough. So finally a strip made of polystyrene panel for the corners attached to foam board for the sides had to be added between the layers. Still I'm not satisfied. Who wants to tell me the secret of all those super hard looking little cases made by you, Belgian bloggers? Although I'm pretty sure I won't make another one...
In the early morning in January L found only one present on her birthday table. After unwrapping she discovered in every pocket some more (like my iPhone!). Among them this toiletry bag.

Now it's finally hers. This way she left for Vlieland. And she walked like a lady!

7 comments:

boomie said...

Super! Prachtig! Ongelooflijk!

Anonymous said...

MY GOODNESS !!!
Petje af , hoor !
Zowel het technische aspect als de styling trouwens .
Gij verdient een pied de stal ;-)
Mieke

confetti lab said...

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaf! En die tekst helemaal geweldig!

eva maria said...

Wat geniaal zeg, en zo mooi! Echt een serieus werk, lijkt me, met een pachtresultaat. Top!

vervlogen dagen said...

Hoe heb ik dit nou gemist! Wat een prachtkoffer. De geborduurde tekst maakt het helemaal prachtig. (Het was geen makkelijk klusje, lees ik zo tussen de regels...)

Oon said...

Oh! Ik ben jou zo lang uit het oog verloren! Nu kwam ik je per toeval weer tegen en moet ik even heel erg veel bijlezen.

mtka uri said...

oh, beautiful ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...